Compensation: competitive salary + bonus + health & dental benefits
Job type: Full-time
Hours: Monday – Friday
We need your experience as a Production Manager to further the growth of our close-knit and respectful team, to encourage bottom-up communication and autonomy, to implement your ideas for improved process. You know how to make things work like a well oiled machine, and to jump in when they aren’t working. You’ll lead & support our team of installers, assemblers and shipper/receivers to ensure efficiency, quality and satisfied customers! Your focus is efficiency and excellent customer experience and you know how to get things done.
Sterling Fleet Outfitters is a family-owned business that started in 2002, since then we have expanded to become Western Canada’s premier commercial vehicle outfitter and we specialize in assembling and installing van and truck equipment and accessories like: van shelving systems, truck caps, & ladder racks on brand new fleet vehicles. Our outfitting shop is consistently busy, growing, and taking on new challenges with some of the top fleets in British Columbia.
- Leading, educating, training, motivating and organizing a team of 12
- Following-up on critical job completion
- Working with the internal Sales and Customer Service teams to ensure customer satisfaction on orders
- Conducting regular meetings
- Reviewing and approving time-tracking sheet for payroll
- Quality control of all orders leaving the site
- Communicating with clients and outside contractors for work
- Co-ordination of fleet vehicle project schedules and work
- Reporting on KPIs and metrics on a weekly basis
- Ensuring safety and best practices are in place and adhered to
- 5+ years of team leading experience in a similar role
- Understanding on LEAN manufacturing concepts and just in time manufacturing
- Great organizational skills & strategic thinking
- The ability to multitask throughout the workday
- Comfortable using various Microsoft Office Tools and other programs
- Practical and Technical Problem solving
- Planning, Project Management and Process Improvement
ASSET IF YOU HAVE
- Experience in; 12V Electrical circuits and systems and 120V basics, metal fabrication, welding aluminum and/or steel
- Experience working with job scheduling software and/or Quickbooks
Near Willowbrook Shopping Centre, Cloverdale and Langley City Centre. In Surrey near the Langley-Surrey border.
You are a hands-on manager with mechanical aptitude and are looking to lead a great team and really make a difference within a great and growing company
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this position.