Sterling Fleet Outfitters is a family-owned and operated automotive outfitting company located on the Surrey-Langley border. We assemble and install equipment for work trucks & cargo vans, like shelving systems, truck caps, & ladder racks. Demand for our top-notch quality and innovative services has continued to rise during our 15 years of service. Our shop is consistently busy, growing, and taking on new challenges with some of the top fleets in greater Vancouver.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a leader within our production assembly process who has proven mechanical aptitude and leadership skills. Typical products requiring assembly would include:
- Assemble partitions, shelving, flooring, ladder racks, accessories in commercial vehicles
- Interpret and follow detailed assembly instructions
- Customize various panels to fit design specifications
- Operate: Shear, brake, saws and basic hand tools
- Close-knit team – feel VALUED not judged.
- Rapidly growing – STABLE work.
- Growth!! – learn more than just your job description.
- Work-life Balance – We are open Monday to Friday, 7 am – 4:30 pm. No Weekends!
- Hourly – 25+/hour depending on experience
- Benefits – Extended health, dental, travel insurance, chiropractor.
- Direct and supervise a team of 3-4 individuals.
- Maintain production schedule.
- Quality Control.
- Training new crew members.
- General assembly + fabrications.
- Order Picking
- Minimum of 5 years directly supervising a small team.
- Extensive sheet metal fabrication experience – Accurately & Safely operate: shear, brake, saws and basic hand tools
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & schedule work in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Able to interpret assembly drawings and instruct team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Accurately cut materials using power tools including skill and jigsaws
- Physically fit and be able to lift 50lbs; bend and stand for a complete shift
- Be a team player
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Equipment maintenance experience.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Experience with installing 12v electrical lighting, inverters, backup alarms, compressors would be an asset but not required
- Ability to drive a forklift